Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille in Basil Tomato Sauce2017-04-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
- 2 medium zucchini trimmed and cut into 4mm thick slice
- 2 small, eggplant, cut into 4mm thick Slices
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inchwide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inchwide strips
- 6 Ripe tomato,, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped Onion
- 8-10 Fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees.
In a baking tray, toss the zucchini, eggplant and cherry tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt to taste and the black pepper. Mix it well and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until softened and golden brown.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 7 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the diced tomatoes and the Basil leaves, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium-low heat for about 25 minutes.
Pour tomato basil sauce to the roasted vegetable. Adjust the seasoning as necessary.
Average Member Rating
(2 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe